Raisin Baking Powder Biscuits
Try these biscuits toasted for breakfast.
Approximate nutritional analysis per biscuit
500 ml all-purpose flour, sifted
15 ml baking powder
2 ml salt
50 ml butter
125 ml raisins
175 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 400◦F (205◦C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles corn meal.
- Stir in raisins.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Pour all of the milk into centre of mixture.
- Mix dough quickly with a fork until it forms a ball. Dough should be soft.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead dough gently for about 30 seconds.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a 1.3 cm thick circle.
- Dip the edges of a 10 cm round biscuit cutter in flour.
- Cut dough into circles, taking care not to twist cutter.
- Place dough circles on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve biscuits hot or cold.
Trackback from your site.