Spiced Carrot Cake with Orange Icing
Moist and flavourful, this cake is topped off with a marvelous cream cheese icing.
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving
500 ml all-purpose flour
500 ml sugar
10 ml baking soda
5 ml cinnamon
5 ml cloves
5 ml nutmeg
4 medium eggs
250 ml vegetable oil
250 ml raisins
1 l carrots, peeled & finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350◦F (175◦C).
- Grease and flour a 33 x 22cm (13 x 9-inch) baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until light and frothy.
- Slowly beat oil into eggs.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in raisins and carrots. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for one hour, until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan.
225 g cream cheese, softened
30 ml whipping cream
250 ml icing sugar, sifted
30 ml orange peel, grated
2 ml cinnamon
30 ml orange liqueur
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and whipping cream until soft.
- Slowly beat in icing sugar.
- Add orange peel and cinnamon.
- Add orange liqueur. Mix until well combined.
- Use to frost cooled spiced carrot cake.
Trackback from your site.