Banana Pecan Bread
Banana bread is a favourite in all households and this one – studded with pecans and made with NutriDay yoghurt – is ultra- delicious.
125 g butter, at room temperature
200 g brown sugar
4 large ripe bananas
125 ml NutriDay Plain Yoghurt
5 ml vanilla essence
5 ml cinnamon
250 g cake flour
5 ml baking powder
5 ml bicarbonate of soda
100 g chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a standard loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one a time, and beat well.
- Mash the bananas and add them to the bowl along with the NutriDay yoghurt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and pecan nuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling before serving.
Makes 1 loaf
Trackback from your site.