Peanut Butter Onion and Herb Bread
Simply delicious with any meal.
420 g Golden Cloud bread flour
5 ml salt
10 ml dried thyme
15 ml brown sugar
10 g instant dry yeast
250 ml warm water
½ onion, grated
2 cloves of garlic, minced
65 ml chopped fresh coriander
125 ml Black Cat Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, place flour, salt, thyme, sugar and yeast. Make a hole in the middle and add warm water. Knead together to mix, add onion, garlic and coriander. Knead thoroughly for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove dough and place into a greased bowl. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until double the size.
- Knock dough down and form into a rectangle, roll up into a loaf shape and place in the greased loaf pan. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until double the size.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the bread sounds hollow when thumped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack and serve with butter, jam or cheese.
Makes 1 loaf
Source: Spread the Love with All Gold and Black Cat recipe e-book – www.allgold.co.za.
Trackback from your site.