Spicy date and ginger squares with peanut butter frosting
What better way to win the little ones’ hearts.
250 g pitted dates
250 ml milk
5 ml bicarbonate of soda
240 g Golden Cloud Orange & Ginger Cake Mix
125 ml milk
65 ml oil
2 extra large eggs
300 g icing sugar, sifted
125 g butter
45 ml milk
15 ml preserved ginger, finely chopped
125 ml Black Cat Crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20 cm lamington tin with baking paper.
- Place milk and dates in a small sauce pan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat, add bicarbonate of soda and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, milk, oil and eggs. Beat well and spoon date mixture into cake mixture. Mix well and pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in tin for 15 minutes.
- To make the frosting: in a medium bowl, cream together icing sugar and butter; add milk, preserved ginger and peanut butter, beat together until smooth.
Makes 24 squares
Source: Spread the Love with All Gold and Black Cat recipe e-book – www.allgold.co.za.
Trackback from your site.