Rough peach and berry tart
A delicious fruity tart with Peach Jam and Liqueur Drizzle. Serves 6. Prep Time: 90 min.
180 g cake wheat flour
60 g icing sugar
pinch of salt
125 g butter at room temperature
1 egg yolk
zest of 1 lemon
6 ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced
30 ml Van der Hum liqueur or any liqueur of your choice
45 ml cornflour, sifted
30 ml brown sugar
15 ml milk
125 ml fresh berries (blackberries and raspberries)
65 ml ALL GOLD PEACH JAM
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- For the dough: combine flour, sugar and salt, rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix the egg and lemon zest, knead until a soft dough. Form dough into a disc, wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Combine peaches, liqueur and cornflour. Place the dough on a sheet of baking paper the size of your baking sheet and roll it out into a roughly shaped circle.
- Arrange the peach slices in the middle, leaving an edge of about 3cm all round. Sprinkle with sugar, using the baking paper to help you, fold the edge of the dough over the filling.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, reduce temperature to 180°C and bake for a further 15 – 20 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle the berries on top. Combine ALL GOLD PEACH JAM with the liqueur and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. Spoon over berries and allow tart to cool before serving.
Source: Spread the Love with All Gold and Black Cat recipe e-book – www.allgold.co.za.
Trackback from your site.