Breakfast coffee cake
This cake is the perfect afternoon tea or brunch treat. The cinnamon sugar topping and swirl is irresistible.
For the topping
80 ml brown sugar
125 ml flour
5 ml cinnamon
45 ml cold butter, cubed
For the cake
125 ml butter, at room temperature
200 ml sugar
5 ml vanilla essence
30 ml cold, strong coffee
125 ml NutriDay Double Cream Yoghurt
330 ml flour
10 ml baking powder
5 ml salt
NutriDay Vanilla Flavoured Yoghurt, to serve
Fresh berries, to serve [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 20 cm cake pan with baking paper.
- To make the topping, rub all the ingredients together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles rough crumbs. Set aside.
- To make the cake, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, coffee and yoghurt and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the batter. Mix well.
- Transfer half of the batter to the prepared cake pan and add half of the topping mix. Now add the other half of the cake
batter, and finally finish with the remaining topping mixture.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving with NutriDay Vanilla Flavoured Yoghurt and fresh berries.
Makes one 20 cm cake
Trackback from your site.