SASKO Bake Mix Lemon Meringue Snack Pies
These delicious little lemon meringue pies are ideal for treats and parties and are so quick and easy to prepare.
1 x packet SASKO cookie mix
Ingredients as specified on the packet
Lemon curd ingredients
2 egg yolks
165 g caster sugar
80 g butter
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
Lemon curd method
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar together in a small pot.
- Add butter, zest and juice and place on a low heat.
- Mix continuously on low heat until mixture starts to thicken.
- Once thick remove from pot and pass through a sieve to remove all zest.
- Cover with cling film and place in fridge to cool.
Swiss Meringue ingredients
170 g egg white
225 g caster sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
5 ml vanilla essence
Swiss meringue method
- Full a medium saucepan once quarter full with water.
- Set the saucepan over a medium heat, and bring water to the boil.Combine egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a heatproof bowl of electric mixer and place over saucepan.
- Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 3½ minutes.
- Test by rubbing between your fingers.Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Start on a low speed and gradually increase to high until stiff, glossy peaks are formed, about 10 minutes. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Use meringue immediately.
- Make cookie mix as per packet instructions.Roll out cookie mixture until 2 mm think.
- Refrigerate until cold. Cut in round disk approximately 6 cm in diameter.Line a mini muffin silicon tray with the cookie pastry disks.Line with silicon paper and blind baking beans. Bake until golden brown and crisp, allow to cool.
Pip the lemon curd into the cookie cup, pip on the Swiss meringue and blow torch to finish.
Visit http://sasko.co.za/recipes/ for more ideas with Sasko products.
Trackback from your site.