Bacon, egg and slow roasted tomato toast cups
Who can resist bacon and egg?
75 g melted butter
6 slices SASKO Low GI whole wheat bread
6 rashers streaky bacon, pre cooked and cut in half
12 large PnP eggs
PnP salt and pepper for seasoning
12 roasted vine tomatoes
100 g PnP feta cheese – crumbled
Assembling the breakfast cups
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Lightly grease a standard muffin tray with melted butter
- Using a rolling pin gently flatten the slices of bread, remove the crusts and cut into a square.
- Press the bread into the prepared muffin tin and brush lightly with the remaining melted butter.
- Top the bread cups with streaky bacon and crack one egg into each cup.
- Top with crumbled feta and a tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg is cooked through and toast cup is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Trackback from your site.