Jenny Morris’s Mediterranean Braai Bread
This Mediterranean style bread is perfect for entertaining over the Easter weekend.
Basic Bread Dough
4 cups SASKO Cake Wheat Flour
2 tsp salt
4 tsp sugar
10 g instant yeast
1 Tbs olive oil (sunflower will do)
400 ml lukewarm water
8 tbls sun-dried tomato pesto
8 tbls basil pesto
8 tbls crumbled feta
8 tbls grated mozzarella cheese
1. First, place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the center.
2. Add the oil and three-quarters of the water, and mix to form a soft dough.
3. Add a little more water if need be; if it is too wet, add a small amount of flour.
4. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic to the touch; about 15 minutes.
5. Place the dough back into the bowl and oil the top; cover with a clean cloth and place it in a warm place to rise to twice its size.
6. Once the bread dough has proved, punch it down and divide into 8 portions.
7. Push or roll each portion into a thin circle.
8. Spread the sun-dried tomato pesto into the base, top with feta and grated mozzarella cheese, dot with basil pesto and roll up.
9. Sprinkle a little flour onto them.
10. Place the prepared dough into a braai grid and cook turning till golden and cooked through.
Note: You can also bake them in the oven.
11. Preheat your oven to 200C
12. Place onto a baking sheet, let them rise to twice their size.
13. Bake in an oven for 25 minutes.
Source – SASKO
Trackback from your site.