The real Teflon™ has arrived!
Thermaspray has recently become the sole supplier and licensed applicator of the Chemours Teflon™ coatings for Southern Africa.
This means that you can now get genuine Teflon™ coatings for all your nonstick needs applied by Thermaspray in our ISO 9001 quality managed facility.
With Thermaspray being the first company in Southern Africa to become a licensed applicator for Teflon™, you must be wondering what the “Teflon” nonstick coatings are that you have been using thus far. Since the early 1960s, Teflon™ nonstick coatings have been used on cookware and bakeware making Teflon™ a household name for any sort of nonstick coating being used in the market. If the company applying your non-stick coatings is not a Chemours licensed applicator you are not receiving the genuine Teflon™ coatings, and, are unlikely to be delivering the benefits or quality that are the Teflon™ standard.
So, what is the real Teflon coatings?
Teflon™ is a registered trademark of Chemours for their brand of fluoropolymer resins. Chemours’ Teflon™ coatings for bakeware are based on food grade PFA (perfluoroalkoxy), that is FDA compliant and free of the harmful chemical PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic). Coated bakeware can operate continuously at temperatures up to 260°C and has extremely high chemical resistance.
Teflon™ Industrial Bakeware Coatings have a number of benefits for industrial bakeries including;
• Cost reduction as bakeries can eliminate secondary release agents such as oil, silicone mats, and paper;
• Cleaning time and maintenance is minimised;
• Increased productivity and production volumes while reducing waste from sticking;
• Improved product quality and product consistency with improved dough flow and release;
• Increased safety and cleanliness with reduced fire hazards due to elimination of oils and grease;
• Enhanced sustainability by reducing scrap levels, limiting environmental impact and prolonging the life of your pans.
Thermaspray applies coatings to new industrial bakeware for bakeries switching over to Teflon™ coated bakeware, as well as re-coat existing bakeware based on the quality of the baking pans. This means your bakeware can be recycled and coated again, extending the life of your bakeware even further.
Value to Industrial Bakeries:
The key value offered to industrial bakeries is the availability and specification of the most appropriate and durable nonstick, easy cleaning coating system for your production operations. We look at your operation in terms of the ingredients, the baking processes and the size and shape of the finished products and then specify the most suitable coating. Thermaspray’s Teflon™ coatings cater for different baking applications, for example, bread, pretzels, baguettes, high-sugar, and many more.
There are six Teflon™ coating types; PTFE/PFA Patented Blends, PTFE, FEP, Fluoropolymer, PFA and ETFE categorised into four groups:
• F – systems: for flat trays or those with small indentations such as bun and croissant trays
• D– systems: for deep-drawn moulds such as sandwich bread
• P– systems: for perforated, flat or corrugated trays such as baguette trays
• S– systems: for special application moulds such as pizza trays, pretzels, etc.
Thermaspray also supplies a high-sugar bakeware coating offering benefits of up to 2500 plus baking cycles, it’s PFOA and PTFE free, suitable for temperatures ranging from -20°C to 280°C, dishwasher safe, and a ceramic surface for easy cleaning of carbon residue.
Teflon™ will fundamentally change your baking experience, increasing your baking cycles from 5 cycles with oils or 500 cycles with Silicones, up to 5000 with a Teflon™ coating.
Thermaspray, a surface engineering company headquartered in Olifantsfontein, Johannesburg, has more than 20 years’ experience in thermal spray coatings, specialised welding services, coatings for specific applications and have now added Teflon coatings to our list of specialised services. The company offers extensive maintenance, refurbishment and repair on industrial components which have been damaged by wear and corrosion. Thermaspray is a DQS ISO 9001 and ISO 3834 Quality Management company.
Trackback from your site.