SASKO Oat & Honey Crispy Cheese and Onion Samoosas
Quick and delicious, these Samosas are sure to be a favourite treat.
Prep time: 30 minute
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 80-100 mini samosas
100 g red onion, finely diced
150 g mature cheddar cheese
5 slices SASKO Plus+ Oat & Honey bread, crust removed, cut into 1cm x 1cm cubes
80 ml milk
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl by hand and mix until a dough is formed, do not over mix.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Weight out the filling to 5 g per portion.
- Cut pastry into a rectangle.
- Place the filling 1 cm from the bottom of your rectangle.
- Egg wash the remaining space.
- Fold over one corner of the pastry so the filling is covered and you have the shape of a triangle.
- Continue the process of folding the corners of the samosa.
- Once you reach the end of the pastry, seal the remaining pastry with extra egg wash if required.
- Deep fry at 170°C until golden brown and crispy.
Optional dipping sauce
2 parts chutney
1 part sweet chili
Visit http://sasko.co.za/recipes/ for more ideas with Sasko products.